cgdb is a lightweight curses (terminal-based) interface to the GNU Debugger (GDB). In addition to the standard gdb console, cgdb provides a split screen view that displays the source code as it executes. The keyboard interface is modeled after vim, so vim users should feel at home using cgdb.
- Syntax-highlighted source window
- Assembly view
- Visual breakpoint setting
- Keyboard shortcuts for common functions
- Searching source window (using regexp)
- Scrollable gdb history of entire session
- Tab completion
- Key mappings (macros)
Stable ReleaseDownload source package: cgdb-0.8.0.tar.gz (changes)
Older ReleasesOlder source packages can be found at: https://cgdb.me/files
$ git clone git://github.com/cgdb/cgdb.git $ cd cgdb $ ./autogen.sh
configurescript is not included in the git repository, so it must be generated with the autogen.sh script.)
cgdb depends on libreadline and ncurses development libraries.
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local $ make $ sudo make install
Support or Contact
Get help on our mailing lists:
- cgdb: User discussion, Q&A, bug reports, feature requests, etc.
- cgdb-dev: Developer discussion, patches, etc.
- Archived discussions are also available in the old Sourceforge project.
Or find us on IRC channel
#cgdb on liberachat.